As thousands of design professionals gathered at Coverings to see innovative ceramic tile and natural stone, these top 10 trends emerged in style.
Also shown are the Cobbled trend PHOTO COURTESY OF BRANDS AND COVERINGS
With a focus on health and wellness, sustainability, timeless luxury and outdoor spaces, Coverings (coverings.com) presented a global perspective of product innovations and networking connections at the preeminent show earlier this spring.
The Undulated trend PHOTO COURTESY OF BRANDS AND COVERINGS
Featuring exhibitors from more than 40 countries, the conference provided continuing education and resources for every corner of the industry. Over the course of the show, 10 prevailing elements stood out. Alena Capra, Coverings spokesperson and owner of Alena Capra Designs, notes: “From sustainability, safety and hygienic properties to the durability, stylishness and beauty of tile, this year’s trends manifest every imaginable merit of tile.”
Coverings revealed top 10 trends at its tile and stone exposition, including brick tiles, shown here. PHOTO COURTESY OF BRANDS AND COVERINGS
1. Bricks: Whether stacked in linear groupings, chevron patterns or herringbone motifs, ceramic brick tiles can create graphic, monochromatic and saturated scenes with a handmade feel.
2. Cemented: Concrete-like effects can complement almost any setting with subtle color variation and a layered, sanded or tinted dimensional texture, evoking raw urban energy.
3. Cobbled: Large-scale looks ranging from terrazzo to cobblestone and Byzantine mosaics allow an old-world charm to complement a space.
4. Wood-Look: Ceramic tile companies have combined creative elements with the art of wood-like tile, giving the desired appearance but requiring the simple maintenance of ceramic tiles.
5. Emerald City: With showstopping porcelain slabs rendered in saturated hues of jade, sage, mint, and aloe, and natural nods like green onyx and green marble, manufacturers are embracing the world of biophilic design.
6. Enduring Elegance: Sophisticated aesthetics are brought to life by statement-making large-format ceramic tiles. Subtle shading, colorways and creative striations give walkways and flooring an elegant and enduring depth.
7. Mother Nature-Inspired Indoor-Outdoor: Blurring the line between interior and exterior living spaces, ceramic tiles taking cues from the natural world offer hyper-realistic interpretations of earthy elements and painterly florals.
8. Sensory Seduction: Beckoning the senses, tiles can elevate every element of an interior to perfect harmony, creating a tactile experience and allowing a space to reach its fullest potential.
9. The ’70s: From earthy tones to pop art, this ceramic tile style will take you back to the ’70s, when wood paneling, stripes and wavy patterns set the groovy trend.
10. Undulated: Gently uneven surfaces and subtle undulations develop intentionality and visual authenticity, creating a sense that each tile was handcrafted by an artisan.
The Enduring Elegance trend PHOTO COURTESY OF BRANDS AND COVERINGS